Couldn't stay late, though, as we had a free invite to a 'Just Between Friends' event. I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but it's pretty awesome for a new parent - they're a periodical consignment shop entirely about the new parent. We'd already bought quite a lot of great baby stuff from them, but one of the things they're really wizard with is clothing - outfits for 1-4 dollars apiece blows away the prices in the malls. This time we went through and got:
- A new carseat and base for $15. (I was going to get just the base, but those were $20. Go figure!)
- A box of about 166 size 1 diapers for $20.
- About 15-17 outfits, god knows, really
- A changing table pad to put Rose on so she doesn't roll off downstairs, $4
- And a little plastic cage to wash baby bottle bits in, for a buck.
Basically, in total, $86 for what we bought, and another $5 for the parking, as it's over at the National Western Stockshow, and there's no free parking around there. But if you're in Denver, they're around for about a week.
Used clothes (and other baby stuff) is a life-saver when you've got a kid whose clothes sizes are rated in months. Yay frugality!