This is a blog post copied from John's Website - please feel free to join him there and post comments. He has set up openid, so you can post there with your livejournal account using your openid, which is the same as your journal url minus the http://. You can find this entry at http://www.jcfiala.net/blog/2011/09/24/
Had a lovely day out today, including some time spent at our friends Mike and Anna's house for some gaming and conversation.
Couldn't stay late, though, as we had a free invite to a 'Just Between Friends' event. I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but it's pretty awesome for a new parent - they're a periodical consignment shop entirely about the new parent. We'd already bought quite a lot of great baby stuff from them, but one of the things they're really wizard with is clothing - outfits for 1-4 dollars apiece blows away the prices in the malls. This time we went through and got:
- A new carseat and base for $15. (I was going to get just the base, but those were $20. Go figure!)
- A box of about 166 size 1 diapers for $20.
- About 15-17 outfits, god knows, really
- A changing table pad to put Rose on so she doesn't roll off downstairs, $4
- And a little plastic cage to wash baby bottle bits in, for a buck.
Basically, in total, $86 for what we bought, and another $5 for the parking, as it's over at the National Western Stockshow, and there's no free parking around there. But if you're in Denver, they're around for about a week.
Used clothes (and other baby stuff) is a life-saver when you've got a kid whose clothes sizes are rated in months. Yay frugality!